If your back has been feeling stiff, try out these mobility exercises and stretches!
- Begin on your stomach with your hands just outside of your shoulders.
- Push your hands into the ground, straightening your elbows and lifting your chest towards the ceiling.
- Focus on pulling your body up towards the ceiling, stretching your abdominals and getting some extra lower body traction.
Quadruped Book Openers:
Another great exercise to improve your thoracic rotation.
- Start on your hands and knees and rock back so that you are sitting on your heels (if you cannot attain this position, place a pillow between your hips and heels).
- Place one hand behind your head and rotate up and out towards the same side.
Standing TFL Stretch:
This stretch will target a whole lot more than just your TFL.
- Start by bringing one foot behind the other and then reaching over your head with the arm on the same side.
- Allow your pelvis to shift in the opposite direction to feel the stretch along your hip, side and up towards your shoulder.
If you have any questions, call your local Trinity Rehab location.