now available Request Your
About the Alter-G Anti-Gravity Treadmill®
The AlterG Anti-Gravity Treadmill® has revolutionized medical rehabilitation equipment with its unique differential air pressure technology that provides accurate, safe and comfortable partial weight-bearing therapy while promoting normal gait patterns.
- Unique unweighting technology provides the opportunity to rehabilitate lower extremities like never before
- Precise partial weight-bearing enables accurate implementation of unweighting protocols not found in any other rehabilitation equipment on the market
- Provides highly effective neuromuscular and proprioceptive retraining
- Technology developed at NASAAbout Alter-G and further developed by AlterG for medical rehabilitation, fitness and sports performance training
- The Anti-Gravity Treadmill® is FDA-cleared for the following functional rehabilitationAbout Alter-G indications:
- Rehabilitation following injury or surgery of the lower extremity (hip, knee, ankle or foot)
- Rehabilitation after total joint replacement
- Gait training in neurologic patients (Parkinson's, Multiple Sclerosis)
- Strengthening and conditioning in older patients
- Weight control and reduction
- Sport specific conditioning programs
- Aerobic conditioning
Unlike the simple lift harness devices, AlterG rehabilitation treadmills incorporate differential air pressure technology developed by NASA and enhanced by AlterG to provide precise unweighting in one percent increments to as low as 20 percent of the patient’s body weight. AlterG’s exclusive precision gives patients the ability to set the exact point where exercise becomes pain free and provides clinicians a way to accurately measure patient rehabilitationAbout Alter-G progress. This revolutionary medical rehab equipment is used and recommended by leading physical therapy clinics, hospitals, colleges and pro sports teams. You can read more about our medical findings in our clinical rehabilitation dataAbout Alter-G section.
Most lower extremity rehabilitation programs stress the importance of becoming mobile as soon as possible. AlterG rehabilitation treadmills offer the most advanced anti-gravity approach to physical therapy based on “unweighting” technology. It is safe, effective and FDA cleared and covered by many health insurance plans.
"The AlterG is amazing! In March when I started, I had to goal to run again after hip surgery in June 2014. Starting at 40%, I gingerly began running. Each week I added 5%, inching closer to my goal. Today, I ran for 20 minutes at 100%! I have not done that since October 2013 when I finished my 2nd marathon. Without the AlterG, I'm not sure I'd have the courage to try running again, but it's an activity I love! Thanks for helping me get my running legs back!" Marcie Jannetti
Read Greatist.com's hands on review hereAbout Alter-G