Although all of our offices remain open for traditional physical therapy, we understand that for some patients it’s a better option to stay home. That’s why we’re excited to offer Physical Therapy Telehealth Sessions – the same top-quality physical therapy in the comfort of your own home.
What is telehealth?
The American Physical Therapy Association defines telehealth as “the use of electronic communication to remotely provide health care information and services”. In this way, Trinity Rehab is offering remote physical therapy sessions via a video conferencing platform. Telehealth sessions include all of the one-on-one attention of traditional physical therapy, just in the comfort of your own home.
What to expect
- Your physical therapist will provide the same patient education, exercise prescription and progression, and one-on-one attention of traditional physical therapy. Creativity and imagination will also be part of your sessions, as traditional exercise equipment may not be readily available.
- A link will be forwarded to you prior to your scheduled session, through which you can access your virtual therapy room with your therapist.
Preparing for your telehealth sessions:
What do I need for a successful telehealth physical therapy session?
Pointers And Tips for A Great Session
Hardware & internet requirements
- Tablets, laptops, or smartphones are best although desk top computers can also be utilized in certain instances
- A stable internet or Wi-Fi connection with minimum 15 Mpbs download and 5 Mpbs upload speed
Free use of hands
- Using something to prop up your tablet or phone is best so you can free up your hands to move around the area
Space and lighting
- Choose a private, quiet space for your session
- Make sure the area is well lit and there is plenty of room to move. You may be asked to move to different areas of your home for specific activities, so prepare to be mobile!
- Wear loose and comfortable clothing that can expose the injured area for observation as needed.
- Don’t worry if you don’t have any gym or rehab equipment in your home. Using creativity and imagination, your therapist will work with you to turn every-day household items into effective rehabilitation equipment.
An open mind and a positive attitude
- Telehealth is a great option for patients who are not able to come into the clinic but want to continue their rehab under the direct supervision of their physical therapist. The effectiveness of the session will depend largely on your ability and willingness to participate, so relax and get ready to enjoy your session!
How To Initiate Your Telehealth Session
Check your texts or emails for your appointment confirmations
- You will receive appointment confirmations 24-hours and immediately prior to your session. The notification right before your session will have your link to the video conferencing platform.
Click on the link and enter your virtual treatment room with your physical therapist.
It’s That Easy!
I have been impressed with the progress I made with Dr. Kate Del Prado after 4 sessions due to my heel spur. I was finally able to walk without pain and wanted to continue but unfortunately had to stop due to the Covid19 threat. When she told me about Telehealth sessions, I jumped at the chance. I had my first session today and couldn't be happier. Throughout the whole session, Kate gave clear instructions, explained the reason for each exercise and made sure I did them the right way. Dr. Del Prado was excellent as always, and Telehealth is an effective way to do PT in the comfort and safety of your home.
My Tele-Health experience at Trinity Rehab was great! I was able to stay in touch with my Physical Therapist while not having to leave the comforts of my home. Robert was able to show me how to do all the exercises, progress my program and send me a follow-up email with everything we went over. I felt the same connection and compassion during my Tele-Heath experience as I have had in the office. I highly recommend to anyone that does not feel comfortable leaving their home to start or continue their Physical Therapy with Tele-Health at Trinity Rehab!
I am not very good with computers, but using the video telehealth service Trinity Rehab has is great; it is very easy to follow and it has great quality. I could see Rosie and she could see and hear me perfectly. I felt tired after our first session too, which I was not expecting! Thank you Rosie and Trinity for still keeping me busy and "on my toes" during this very stressful time.